
I've enjoyed "Show us where you live Friday's on a blog I enjoy reading called Kelly's Blog. I absolutely love how creative people are with their own homes and it makes me really eager to get back to the United States to be able to decorate our first house together. I love Okinawa but not being able to really modify room colors and having combined rooms like living and dining rooms just isn't my idea of design. Here are our two bathrooms in our Japanese apartment in Okinawa. Well, this is the Japanese designers impression of what an "American" style bathroom should look like.
This is Jacob's bathroom. The foam blocks are a nice knee support along with our Fisher Price knee bath pad since the tile is rough.
The mirror and sink has always intrigued me in this bathroom. But, I don't think I would ever place this sink combo in my real bathroom in a house one day.

The shower in Jacob's bathroom that never gets used since it is such a pickle to clean with all that glass!
This is our bathroom in our master bedroom. It is small but it works besides the lack of storage and only one towel bar which is typical of housing here.

Another funky mirror and again our need for storage with all the suction cup holders on the wall. There is no storage in the bathroom just a really small medicine cabinet.



9 comments:
I love your unique sink!! It is so cute and so are the rooms!! Thanks for sharing!
oh I had to look where you were - we lived in Beijing for a year and they had strange bathrooms too! ZERO storage!! The smallest cabinets!
I know what you are saying about storage. I don't know why medicine cabinets are out of style. I have a huge triple cabinet. I know a mirror with a beautiful frame is more in style, but I don't want to give up the storage.
That is such a unique sink!
that sink is so different! :)
What a cute bathroom! You did a great job accessorizing! It's a great space!
What a creative idea to use the foam blocks! I use a small foam piece from Michael's dollar rack for my knees, but it's nowhere near as cute!
I think the sink is fabulous!
Love the bathroom. We live in Belgium right now so I understand the lack of freedom to "do what you want".
My cousins are both based in Okinawa. . . nice to see your space!
Post a Comment