Saturday, June 20, 2009

Eating sand is good!

Today was the first day in well over a week that the sun came out to play! We have had swimming lesson for a week and every lesson has almost totally been in the rain! This morning we woke up to sunshine. Jacob and myself headed out to Araha Park/Beach where we use to live to go and walk along the beach on the sea wall. I wanted to be outside today. We ran into friends from the squadron and actually ended up back at the beach after a quick milk snack for Jacob and a change of clothes. Jacob loved the beach. The last time we went to Araha with him was 7 months ago. He didn't like it then. He really didn't even like the Florida beach either but today my waterbug loved it! I don't know if he had more fun eating the sand, feeling the sand, playing in the sand, sitting in the water and having it come up on him, floating in the water, or attempting to get washed off but he had fun or at least I think he had fun! We even ended up taking a bath together because he had sand in every possible crevice on his body! And the sand here is gritty and rough not smooth like the white beaches in Florida so the stuff gets nasty when it gets wet! I was so thankful to have a sunshine filled day! Back to the rain for another week tomorrow!

No comments: