Thursday, June 4, 2009

Beach Rock Village

I usually go to Okinawa Hai and find something to do for our Saturday's when Jon is home with us in Okinawa. Usually the reviews are pretty dead on and we usually enjoy our little adventures. I found this review about Beach Rock Village and fell in love. I thought it was going to be a great outing. I was excited that Jon might be able to go horseback riding until I looked at the official website and found out it would cost almost $200 to ride a horse. I was also excited about the tree houses throughout and the idea that Jacob may get to see his first elephant. This review could not have been more wrong. It was a real live commune. I guess it might have been cool if I could have found my inner hippie psyche but we stayed long enough to get a few mosquito bites, climb a tree house which is most likely used for recreational adult fun, and take some pictures. Then we left. It could not have been more of a disappointment unfortunately! Maybe to some it appeals but for us it didn't. At least the view of the surroundings was pretty cool.

No comments: