Friday, June 19, 2009

Show us where you live Friday!!




This week on Kelly's blog it's all about playrooms, bonus rooms, and laundry rooms. I really wish we had a playroom to keep Jacob's toys from exploding all over the house or a bonus room so we could actually have another room to store stuff but we don't. All we have is a laundry room that I spend all day in only one day a week. I put off laundry usually till Friday's and get it all done before the weekend. I love folding laundry I just don't like the washing it or putting it away part.

Here is our government issued laundry machine...thank goodness it is normal and in ENGLISH! And here is our Japanese dryer that came with the apartment. All of it's little buttons are in Kanji. The shelving unit below has three shelves. The top has all of the laundry products. The bottom two house my husband's "boat" bedding and pillows when he is not deployed and gone. Right now those shelves are empty. Fortunately, Jacob has not discovered that yet!

An up close of the dryer. It's gas and I love it! I sometimes don't understand it but as long as I keep cleaning the lint trap that works better than any other lint trap I've ever seen it works fine. Our housing agency gave us a sheet of all the symbols translated when we moved it. My favorite features are it's ironing cycle (yes the clothes actually come out without wrinkles), it's delicate cycle which makes my husband happy because I don't leave my non-dryable clothes hanging around the house anymore, it's thick cycle that i use for towels, and it's bedsheet cycle that actually dries sheets completely! It also has a quiet mode so that it still drys but is quieter if I'm drying while Jacob is napping!

Here is all the extra storage in the room. Whenever we finally get to build our own house my laundry room will have extra storage like this. Besides towels, bedding, bathroom, and extra cleaning products. It is the home to my husband's packed sea bags when he is home, Jacob's infant car seat and some tennis rackets. Our microwave and coffee pot are also used in this room since our kitchen only has ONE plug. We found a cheap TV cabinet at the furniture store on base and so that is what they are housed on. We don't use the microwave very often but it's nice to have I guess.

Our old laundry room in our first apartment was inside the kitchen with a sliding door that just covered the washer and dryer. No seperate room. At least our new one has two sliding doors, one into the hall and one into the kitchen that I can close to keep down on the noise a bit.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Your laundry room has such great storage space. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

I love all the storage space, can't have enough of that in a house!! Thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

There is so much storage! I wish I had a dryer like that! Thank you for showing us your space!

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

You have great storage! I loved reading about your drier! Wow. Thanks for sharing!