Typhoon Morakot is heading our way. Or at least as of late this afternoon it is forecasted to be coming our way late on Friday. This is not our first and I'm sure this will not be our last typhoon while here on Okinawa. The last typhoon we spent out on our balcony about 200 yards from the beach during parts of the storm. Of course that was when it was just us with no baby to worry about. Last summer we had a few brushes with typhoons but nothing major. I believe the last major typhoon hit in 2007 so maybe we are due for one.
Our preparations are complete which really only includes going to the commissary to buy water, baby food and a spray can of cheese. Oh, and Pop Tarts. I have to indulge in junk food if I am going to be ordered to stay inside my off-base housing until the storm passes! The crazy thing about the storm here is that I have never really seen a panic or "boarding up" from the locals here. We will get a call from our housing agency in a few days reminding us to take all items off our 4 porches but other than that no real preparation for our apartment or all 9 windows or 5 sliding glass doors we have! It's much different here than a hurricane back at home in Florida! And I'm thankful for that and the fact that I am not having to hoover under a bed sheet doing some sterile procedure on some poor patient with all the other patients nearby in the hallway!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment