Saturday, August 15, 2009

If Toucan, You can..

Before Jon's last deployment he spent an afternoon at Zukeran Elementary school here, which is a DOD school, teaching but more so talking about what he does on a daily basis as a helicopter pilot. He went and spoke at another school for career day last year and wanted to do it again this year. He has to fly the day it was scheduled so they scheduled a day for him to come instead. He took Jacob's coast guard tonka replica of the CH-46 phrog that he flies along with a female pilot. If you know my husband, you know he can talk. He had a blast! The schools motto is "If Toucan, you can" so when I found this cute onesie on Gap.com (yes, i'm a little obsessed with shopping online for cool clothes that not every other American baby boy on Okinawa is wearing) that said the school's motto I immediately bought it. Little did I know that the day of Jon's NSI check flight would be the day I would decide to finally dress Jacob in it. Jon loved the shirt (or so I hope) and I hope it reminded of him throughout the rest of the day while he was getting ready for his very important flight.

Here's my little peanut in his shirt reminding Daddy that if Toucan you can!


The shirt must of helped. Actually I know it's God that helped because Jon is one of the newest NSI's in the Marine Corps now. I have to brag on him a little because I am so proud of him and I love him!!! =)

No comments: