Friday, August 7, 2009

Show us your LIFE - Wedding Reception and Honeymoon

We had our reception at the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida. It was my second choice but most likely my husband's number one choice for a wedding reception venue. My first was already booked. Our reception was catered by the Mustin Beach Officer's club catering department. I wish I had wonderful things to say about the food but since I barely ate any of it I have no review to write. The catering manager left the week before our wedding so I'm thankful we at least had a dinner meal for our guests!

I wish I had wonderful pictures from our reception but we don't have any wedding pictures out here really and the ones we do have are in frames. We used my bouquet and my bridesmaid's bouquets on the head table. On our guest tables we had red roses, white alstras and white daisies in vases. Our table settings were simple but my black, red and white color theme was carried out.

Our cakes came from a wonderful bakery in Pensacola. I still have the top of our cake frozen at my in-law's house. Hopefully, one day we will actually get to eat it!
Our wedding cake was butter cream with butter cream frosting. It has a black ribbon on the bottom of each layer along with edible accent silver balls. Our cake topper wasn't the one I wanted but it was our initials which worked just fine which will some day be somewhere in a house of ours once the military stops moving us! I wanted a Marine groom and a bride for a cake topper but I couldn't find one in an officer's dress uniform!

For Jon's groom cake I went with an NC state theme. Jon graduated from NC State in 2003 and was actually Mr.Wuf for three years! I'm sure he expected a CH-46 helicopter themed groom's cake but instead I surprised him with this one. I think it was chocolate. I can't even remember. I didn't get a piece of this cake! =(

Our getaway car was my husband's first wife "Roxy" We have no cool pictures of any decorating of Roxy because I'm pretty sure Jon would have had a heart ache if anyone would have touched her (yes, I refer to the car as a her) and I'm also pretty sure that Roxy was taken to a secret location after we arrived at the reception. Roxy is my husband '96 Pontiac trans am that is his first love. I say that with all honesty. He loves his car and has spent countless hours working on her, modifying her and putting money into her so it was only fitting that we used Roxy in our wedding! Too bad poor ole Roxy is sitting in a storage unit in North Carolina until we return!


We went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. Jon had researched and planned out our honeymoon. He picked out a Sandals resort to stay at per recommendations from people he knew who had stayed at the resort. Unfortunately, Sandals left an unpleasant sandy taste in our mouth! IT was not what was pictured in the photos. Our ocean view room had no ocean view to it! We found roaches, dust and other "things" on the floor in our first room. We were finally moved to another room the next day after having to track down the hotel manager all day. We ended up checking out two days earlier and finishing our honeymoon at another Sandal's resort on the island once a room became available. Of course changing hotels was at our expense but we both agreed it was well worth it! We did however get a wonderful honeymoon souvenir 9 months later so of course we wouldn't change anything about our honeymoon!!

1 comment:

Casey (@ Chaos and Cardboard) said...

Aw, I'm sad you didn't like your Sandals. We had a good experience with ours. :( And that is the cutest souvenir I have ever seen! :)