I've decided now after talking to a friend that the more Valentines Days that Jon and I spend apart the more good luck it brings us in our relationship. Now, after saying that watch Jon never miss a Valentines Day again!! Out of 5 Valentines Days I have only actually spent one with Jon and even then I had to work a 12 hour shift!
Our first Valentines Day, Jon was finishing or had just finished primary and was waiting for selection so I believe he had the day off. I worked a 12 hour shift and then went to his apartment afterwards. I'm sure that we had dinner and I probably had to work the next day. It must not have been super exciting.
Our second Valentines Day, Jon was in California at the rag. I had spent the weekend prior to Valentines Day out in California with Jon and had to fly back on the 14th so at least I got a Valentines Day kiss.
Our third Valentines Day, Jon was in Iraq and I was not about to buy a commerical ticket to Iraq even though I have heard of some family members doing so in order to see their service member over there. I sent Jon a nice Valentines Day theme package and that was all. I got flowers.
Our fourth Valentines Day, Jon had to fly so we were going to eat later. I had baked a red velvet cake. I got a phone call from Jon stuck up on the north part of the island saying that he had to shut the helicopter down due to mechanical difficulties and that he wouldn't be coming home till the morning. I was disappointed but at least he was over land when the helicopter broke so I was very thankful at the same time.
Today, our fifth Valentines Day, is spent with Jon 4,500 miles away off the shore of Thailand and Jacob and myself in Okinawa. Again another Valentines Day apart but I know I will get my Valentines date at Dharma Blue in Pensacola with Jon in a few weeks. I did get some beautiful flowers with very minimal pollen on Thursday from a company on Okinawa called Flower Drop. I love them and the flowers were a great surprise!
Happy Valentines Day to everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment