Thursday, February 5, 2009

My FAVORITE baby item broke!

Today, I was vacuuming our floor. Yes, I know our house is all tile here in Japan but I do not like to sweep so vacuuming is the only choice to get the dust off the floor before mopping. Well, Jacob has decided that he does not appreciate the noise of the vacuuming so he will scream until I pick him up and put him on my chest in his Baby Bjorn. Then he will happily giggle for the rest of the time I vacuum. He gets that from his Dad I'm sure!! I was vacuuming our laundry room when I heard a loud pop and noticed Jacob starting to fall. Luckily, I had my left arm in front of him holding the vacuum cord so I was able to grab him as he teetered to the right. The top part which I'm not sure whether to call a button or a snap or a hook completely came off. I am just so thankful I had ahold of big Jake because if now we would have ended up in the ER since landing on a tile floor with your head from a 5ft drop probably isn't the best!!!
I've written the company but one of the joys of being stationed overseas is that you always find out that they won't do anything with the warranty since you are not in America. But, I'll be there in a month so maybe I'll just pursue it then.

No comments: