Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A phone call changes your day!

This morning I woke up an realized it had been 4 or 5 days since I had last heard from Jon and even that email was a forwarded email about our upcoming Pensacola adventure. I always worry no matter what when he is gone and I haven't heard from him. I believe that is a part of being a pilot's wife and I've accepted it, I just still don't like it. My ears were itching this morning which probably makes no sense at all but I have this set of diamond earrings from Jon and I won't take them out till I hear from him for the day while he is away. I have done it every since he went to Iraq. Well, my ears had enough of the earrings and I took the earrings out before my shower.

I was sitting down and nursing Jacob for the second time for the day and my cell phone started to ring which I normally dread because that means Jacob will be done and not finish eating. He didn't even flinch when it started ringing and I looked at the number and it was a +66 number which I know is a country code that I've seen pop up on the screen before so I answered it and of course it was Jon. I was so happy. We haven't talked in almost two weeks and the communication from the tuna can has been less than adequate for my daily needs this time so I love every minute of our call.

I'm so thankful that Jon had the opportunity to get off the boat for a few days and was able to call. Trying to plan a trip to the states that revolves around his dates for school in the states has proven very challenging without being able to talk at all about it!!! The call made my day and for almost two hours I felt like my other half was back!

No comments: