Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Victoria's Secret Exposed

Sure I know there is a mark up value on clothes, any clothes whether they are from Walmart, Macy's or Victoria's Secret but I didn't realize how big of a mark up it was until I got a customs form attached to my recent purchase from Victoria's Secret.

I finally broke down and ordered some new bathing suits. It has been five years and a baby later and I finally order new ones. I have no idea what I was thinking wearing the bathing suits I did on our honeymoon to St. Lucia!!! (I'm so sorry honey)

Here is a break down of what I paid:
  • Bikini top $22.00
  • Bikini bottom $21.00
  • Bikini top $28.50
  • Bikini bottom $14.50
  • Total spent $86.00

Here is the customs form with the value of the items I was sent:

  • Bikini top $5.46
  • Bikini bottom $6.39
  • Bikini top $3.63
  • Bikini bottom $9.04
  • Total value $24.52

That is a huge difference. I would do the percentage of the mark up but I have a nursing degree so I'm much better at calculating IV drip rates than doing percentages!! The huge kicker was that I was charge $14.99 for shipping and it only cost them $4.75 to send it to me per the customs form..Interesting, huh??

No comments: