Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Recipe Blog Hop

I totally should be in bed but stumbled upon this recipe blog hop from one of the blogs that I read. My tastebuds are watering and I can't wait to try some of the recipes I have found!

I absolutely love Baked Potato Soup from O'Charleys but unfortunately I only got one bowl of it while we were home in the states visiting. Here is my recipe to add along to the Blog Hop!

Baked Potato Soup:

Ingredients:

12 slices bacon
2/3 cup margarine
2/3 cup all purpose flour
7 cups of milk
4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
4 green onions, chopped
1 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, set aside.
In a stock pot or dutch oven, melt margarine over medium heat.
Whisk in flour until smooth.
Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
Stir in potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this soup!!

MckLinky Blog Hop

3 comments:

the brown couch said...

This soup recipe made my mouth water...thanks for sharing!

Blog Hoppin'
Deborah

Suzan said...

Sounds great! Adding it to my list to try.

Josie said...

That sounds yummy!!