Friday, July 24, 2009

Show us your life - Wedding Dress

Show us where you live has changed to show us your life over at Kelly's blog.

Our first wedding took place in Okinawa. Our second wedding took place in Pensacola, Florida which we refer to as our church wedding. I get two anniversaries!! I'm totally blessed. I'm still waiting for our third wedding since Jon told me he would marry me three times if that was what it took! But, with two anniversaries I am guaranteed to hopefully celebrate at least one in between deployment cycles.

Our church wedding was crazy. I planned it in less than a month. I was only home for a month before I had to head back to Okinawa again. Planning a wedding in less than a month is not recommended! But, if I had to do it all over again I probably would do it because it turned out exactly the way I wanted it! Except for the skank photographer we ended up having. He was wonderful at the wedding but here it is almost two years later and my Dad just finished picking up the last of our package yesterday! Hence why I don't have a lot of good quality photos and most are cropped from proof pages of our wedding album.

I loved my dress! It came from Renee's Bridal. I love Renee and her store! I've always been happy with any dress I have purchased there for Marine Corps birthday balls so she was the first place I went to try on dresses. My dress was white and had a lot of bead work on the front which was mirrored on the cap sleeves, at the hem line, and along the short train. I really bought the dress for the back which i unfortunately do not have a picture of but it tied all the way down my back. I'm a sucker for a good back on a dress! I loved the cap sleeves until I realized I couldn't move my arms above my head and so those were cut off before our reception started!

5 comments:

Helen Joy said...

I love capsleeves! But you are right, they are awful for moving!

Tara G. said...

VERY pretty!

Liz said...

Great dress - so pretty. :)

Angela Holland said...

Gorgeous pictures!!

Emily said...

Beautiful dress! And thanks for the idea to put baby hats in with the socks... good idea!