Thursday, December 11, 2008

My 3 month old says NO to naps!

I probably have the only 3 month old in the world that just will not take a nap without lots of coaxing. Earlier this week since I was sick I just put Jacob down in his swing and let the swing do the magic. He'd actually probably still be asleep in that thing if it wasn't for me getting him out of it every day. I think he has actually become reliant on it now to get him to sleep. He needs the constant moving motion at nap time but not at night. I tried three times today to lay him down for a nap in his crib with me ending up going to get him. Finally, after a lot of rocking he went to sleep when I laid him down.

Why do I have the baby that doesn't like to sleep during the day?? He has been like this since he was born. I can't figure out if it is because he absolutely will not take a pacifier or if he just doesn't need sleep. We have tried the eat-play-sleep routine and any other great idea someone has suggested but nap time is always a battle! I, myself, can sleep anytime without a problem and I get grumpy when I'm tired. Yes, Jon I admit it, I get GRUMPY! Jon on the other hand can push himself to the limit with no sleep and then he crashes or else he finally gets a day to sleep in and he just wants to sleep. I think Jacob's sleep patterns come from his Dad which may or may not be a good thing. I'm just happy that my baby is asleep in his crib right now pending the loud jet noise over our house doesn't wake him from his nap!

No comments: