December 1st was our 'church' wedding anniversary. We have two anniversiaries each year in hopes that each year we will actually be able to celebrate one of the two together. This year we were lucky. We were able to celebrate our Okinawa wedding anniverary 6 days prior to Jacob's arrival and we were able to celebrate our church wedding anniversary two days after Jon's arrival back to the rock a.k.a. Okinawa.
For our August anniversary we went and tried out a restraunt called Pizza House. It took a lot of convincing on Jon's part to get me dressed and out of the hosue beucase the though of having to sit anywhere for more than a few minuets was very unappealing to me at that time. We ended up having a lovely dinner at Pizza House which turns out to have a whole other menu besides just pizza. I was very happy about dinner because I finally had found a restraunt on Okinawa that serves a baked potato with a meal! The host predicted that we would be having a baby boy very soon but asked that I hold off till after I finished eating. Jon bought me a wonderful electic can opener. His reasoning was so that I could provide canned food for myself and our unborn child while he was deployed. I was having a war with our manual can opener at that point so I loved the gift and now every time I use it whether he is here or not I love it and think of him.
For our December anniversary we ended up back at Pizza House but instead for lunch. It was just as delicious and Jacob didn't make a peep throughout the whole meal!! We ended up driving further south after lunch and went to a Japanese mall, BabiesRus and the duty free shops mall. We got Jacob a new stroller and just window shopped rest of the day. When we got home I got Jacob ready for bed and Jon grilled dinner. During dinner I got a beautiful leather bond book with empty pages in it. I was told that the book was to serve the purpose of helping us to remember our anniversaries together and that each year we are to write how we celebrate our anniversary because when we have been married 46 years we might not remember how we spent our early anniversaries. Then I got ready for bed only to find several anniversary cards hidden around our room as I got ready for bed. It was so very sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment