I wish one Sunday after the church service I would go to pick up Jacob and he would be happy not crying! I immediately can now walk into the baby room and know that it is my child crying without even looking for him.
The first sunday I found him with the man that I left him with who was carrying Jacob and another baby around the room. No wonder Jacob was crying. His little head was boucning around. He had refused his bottle and I had written for them to come get me if he didn't take it. The lady volunteer told me they tried and he just played with it in his mouth so they took it away. It takes him a few minutes to catch on to the bottle. Or at least it did at that point. I actually came straight home and he took the bottle without a fuss.
The second sunday I returned to find him face down in a pack n play bassinet with a thick quilt all the way up to his neck. I know some babies lay on their tummies. Mine however does not. He gets very frustrated and his head always ends up in the center with his nose squished down.
The third sunday I picked him up to find him asleep but hot and sweaty like he had worn himself out crying. I do not know why he would have been crying because he was fed in the car before going in to church and shouldn't have needed to eat. He had a bottle but they didn't try to give it to him. In fact he wore himself out so much that he slept in my arms for another hour while the deacons tried to break into my car for me!
Today I came back and heard him immediately. I didn't have to look for him. I knew where he was by following the sign of him crying. He should have lasted till 12:50 because I had nursed him again in the car right before church at 11. He was crying and no one was soothing him. He was all alone in the crib. I had left him in a swing when I dropped him off today and he should have stayed happy in it!
It's just frustrating to pick him up and him be unhappy and then so worn out from crying. He rarely ever cries except for on Sunday at church. I guess I will have to start leaving the service once or twice to go and check on my child to make sure he is being taken care of!! I think the problem is that the worship hour is done by volunteers but the volunteers are the parents of children in the room which is a problem because you know their #1 priority is taking care of their own children so it doesn't matter if someone elses child is unhappy.
We will try again next week. I don't know why I keep trying if we are going to try to go to the early service when the service starts in December. That service will not have childcare so Jacob will have to go with us into the service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment