Yesterday, Jacob and myself headed out to "American Village" which has JUSCO, a movie theater, two Starbucks, a few restaurants, an arcade or two, a giant Ferris wheel that we don't ride nearly enough, different shops, and Makeman. My goal was to get to JUSCO because our list for JUSCO kept growing. JUSCO is sort of their version of a mall here but still does not even come close to a mall in America. The nice thing about JUSCO is that it has everything a mall has in it, plus the things Bed, Bath and Beyond has in it, everything Best Buy has in it plus a grocery store. One stop shopping at it's finest! We got our needed items and off we went. Sometimes my experience there is just frustrating because I can't find what I want or I'm to overwhelmed. I wish I had pictures but "No Photograph" signs are all over the place.
We stopped on our way out at Mister Doughnut and picked up some doughnuts to try. Again not like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts. Very different!! I did however fall in love with the variety carton of donut holes you can get!
We walked down the road or should I say I walked and Jacob rolled in the stroller down to Makeman which we have kindly dubbed "the monkey store" to go the 100 yen or $1 store inside. Makeman would be your Lowe's or Home Depot back home with the addition of scuba/water items, electronics, fish, and curtains. I always love going to see what I can find. We had a list for the 100 yen store as well. We got our new curtain hooks, some small plastic containers for Jacob finger foods, sand toys and a two balls for Jacob and some cookies to try that seem to be Cuban from the writing on the package but look like they might taste like Oreos. Who knows! Always an adventure!!


No comments:
Post a Comment