Friday, October 2, 2009

My one MUST HAVE baby item..

I forgot this item the other day when I was pre-blogging my blog post for Kelly's Korner show us your baby gear so I decided to do a blog post on the one item that I think everyone should own. I feel a little silly because of what it is but it really has been a lifesaver for us. We made our first trip back to the United States while Jacob was transitioning to food. I knew we needed a high chair of some sorts that we could travel with and move from house to house as we visited everyone. I wanted a plan simple high chair like this:
But, when we stepped into ToysRus we ended up buying the Fisher Price Rainforest Healthy Care Booster Seat. I didn't want to part with the extra money for the toy part because I didn't think Jacob would use it for long but it has proven to be the best purchase ever. We loved it so much we left the one we bought in N.C. and ordered another one to be shipped out to Japan. At 13 months old, Jacob still gets excited to see us carry this into a restaurant. Yes, we get funny looks but I just think people are thinking that we must really love our little boy to carry something so ridiculous with us. But, it is magical and he is the best baby anytime we go out to eat with him. Buy one. You won't regret it!!! Nor will you ever have to make your husband take off his belt to wrap around your child because the strap on the highchair at Chili's is busted or worry about your child coming down with a cold from the germs that remain on those nice restaurant high chairs!!

2 comments:

RN and OSHP said...

We have this same seat (well the older version without the rainforest gear)....we have used it sooo much! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

SnoWhite said...

What a great tip -- thanks :)

I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed the crockpot BBQ pork! Thanks for letting me know how much you enjoyed it.